Trying to add additional variants results in a message that says 0 variants will be added.
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
You will exceed the variant limit of 200 Variants by adding another variant value. By adding another value, a variant will be created for all of the possible variations.
You can add an individual variant through a Spreadsheet by following the below steps:
- Navigate to Catalog -> Products
- Filter your product list to the product you want to add a single variant to.
- Click on Export List.
- Open the spreadsheet file that will download to your computer. Edit the spreadsheet by adding the new variant in a new line, ensuring that the new variants handle is the same as the existing ones.
- Import the spreadsheet back into the Products page. Please ensure to remove any inventory columns from your spreadsheet before importing it back into Retail POS.
- When adding a variant to a product, if the product already has three variant attributes attached to the product, you will not be able to add any additional attributes.