- Vend for Mac or PC
- Vend on iPad
- Star TSP 100 or 143 USB printer
- Go to Star's website here
- Set the model to TSP 100 U or Star TSP U III depending on which model you have
- Set the operating system to Windows
- From the tabs below, click Drivers
- Click the recommended driver to download it (TSP100 future PRNT software)
- When the download is complete, find the file in your downloads
- Right click the file and select Extract all. Make sure Show extracted files is checked.
- Once the extraction is complete, double click the file called Autorun with the file type Application
- The Star install wizard will appear. Follow the steps to install your printer
- Once the installation is complete, plug your printer's USB cable into your PC
- Go to the Start Menu
- Click Devices and Printers
- Your Star printer should now appear here and be ready to use
To perform a test print:
Head over to the History tab and click on a sale.
Click View Receipt
Pick the receipt template you’d like to use and click Print.
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Star is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
You will also want to untick headers and footers and set the paper size to 72mm - 200mm or 72mm - receipt.
Note: If you set your paper size to 72mm - 200mm or 72mm - receipt without disabling headers and footers, the printer will not auto cut at the main receipt
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.
- Download the Mac CUPS driver here
- Unzip the downloaded zip file
- Open the unzipped folder
- Open the Driver folder
- Open the file named starcupsdrv-4.4.0.pkg
- Run through the installer prompts
- Restart your Mac
- Plug in the USB cable from the printer to your Mac
- You're ready to print!
If you're looking to add a Cash Drawer to your printer, you'll need to use CUPS via your web browser, to enable this follow the guide below:
- Connect the printer to a power source
- Using a lightning cable, connect the USB end to the back of the printer and the other end to the iPad
- Turn the printer on
- In the Vend app navigate to the menu on the top left corner
- Tap Settings > Hardware
- Tap Add a printer
- Enter a name for the printer
- Under IP address, tap Find
- Select the Star TSP143
- Tap Save in the top right corner
This is not a supported printer by Vend. We are unable to troubleshoot any issues beyond setup.
It is also not possible to charge the iPad while the printer is connected.