When setting up Retail POS with BigCommerce, you can now combine inventories from multiple Retail POS outlets and sync your products to your BigCommerce store. This is a quick and convenient way to make inventory from one or more of your Retail POS outlets available online for your customers.
- Once your Retail POS and BigCommerce accounts are connected, Retail POS becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalog, pricing, and inventory information in Retail POS to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- BigCommerce feeds important information back to Retail POS, such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the BigCommerce integration!
1. In Retail POS, navigate to Setup > Apps.
2. On the Apps page, locate BigCommerce. Select the pencil icon on the right.
3. Scroll to the Sync Inventory Levels section and click the checkbox for each outlet you wish to sync to your BigCommerce store.
By default, the outlet linked to the register you have chosen for your BigCommerce orders will be included.
5. Click Save changes and navigate to your BigCommerce store.
The inventory from these outlets will now be combined and displayed on your BigCommerce store!
Although your inventory is combined online, your Retail POS inventory is reduced from the one outlet linked by register to your BigCommerce store. We've broken this down in the screenshot below:
In BigCommerce, make sure you enable inventory tracking for products that you are syncing with Retail POS. If inventory tracking for your BigCommerce products is turned off, inventory changes for these products will not sync between BigCommerce and Retail POS.
Retail POS inventory is reduced from the single outlet linked by register to your BigCommerce store, even if inventory from multiple outlets is synced to BigCommerce. It is possible that more inventory could be sold online than is available in that particular outlet. This will result in a negative inventory count for that outlet's products. To resolve this, you will need to perform a stock transfer to move stock from other outlets to the outlet you use to fulfill your online orders.
As soon as you send a stock transfer, inventory will be deducted from the source outlet and updated on BigCommerce. This is because Retail POS combines and syncs updated inventory levels to BigCommerce after every inventory movement. Inventory levels will also update in Retail POS once the transfer has been received. We advise that you receive any sent stock transfers as quickly as possible to avoid incorrect stock totals in your BigCommerce store.