A warning message is displayed when you try deleting a variant while it is still a part of an open consignment as it may cause flow on effects where inventory movements are inaccurate, and stock orders and transfers cannot be closed.
- Retail POS for Mac and PC
- Navigate to Catalog -> Products
- Search and click on the product you want to delete variants for
- Click Edit product
- Click on the trashcan icon next to the variant you want to delete
- A warning message will pop up to confirm that you wish to remove the variant, click Remove Variant
- Another warning message will display if you try to delete variants that are part of an open Stock order and/or Inventory count
- Click View Order to view the open consignment
- Receive/Cancel any open stock movements or Complete/Abandon the inventory count
- Click on the trashcan
- Click Remove Variant
- Click Save
How to cancel open/sent stock orders
Receiving Full Orders in Retail POS
What is an inventory count and how do I complete one?