When trying to edit a product name to add or remove a capital letter, you received an error message 'Product name already exists' and are unable to save the new product name.
- Vend for Mac or PC
- Vend for iPad
Vend doesn't see capitals in product names as a differentiation between products.
To Vend 'notebook' is the same as 'Notebook' meaning it thinks you're creating a duplicate named product if you attempt to capitalise 'notebook' in the edit page.
To get past this you need to edit the product name to a different title, save and then edit again.
- Click or tap Products
- Click or tap the name of the product you'd like to edit
- Click or tap Edit product
- Rename the product to something that doesn't already exist in Vend - for example you can change the product name to be 'Rename me!'
- Click or tap Save
- Click or tap Edit product again
- Rename the product again, remembering to add capital letters where required