CardConnect makes payments simple, secure and reliable. This article will talk you through how to set up your CardConnect payment terminal and how to use your payment terminal in store.
Supported CardConnect terminals:
- Ingenico iPP320 and iPP350
- Ingenico ISC 250
- Ingenico iSMP4
The following steps will need to be followed for each CardConnect payment terminal you want to use. You can complete these steps on any computer, provided it's connected to the same network as the payment terminal.
Each payment terminal can only be paired with one Register at a time.
Connect the CardConnect payment terminal
1. Connect the payment terminal to a power source.
2. Turn the payment terminal on.
3. Plug your payment terminal into your Internet router using an Ethernet cable (they need to be on the same network).
4. Once your payment terminal is connected to the internet, it will display a Bolted image on the payment terminal screen.
If your payment terminal becomes disconnected, the payment terminal will display an Unbolted image.
5. You will be asked to set the time on your payment terminal, please ensure this is correct as this will have an impact on the daily batch and settlement.
Connecting your CardConnect payment terminal to your WiFi network (optional)
You may want to connect your CardConnect payment terminal to your wireless internet rather than plug it into your router directly.
For more information, refer to our How to connect CardConnect iSMP4 terminal to Wi-Fi network guide.
1. Navigate to Setup > Payment types (for the Retail POS app on iPad, this can be found under Menu > Dashboard).
2. Click the Add Payment Type.
3. In the Payment Type drop-down, select CardConnect.
5. Click Begin Setup.
Pair a payment terminal to Retail POS
1. On the Payment Gateway page, enter the name to display for this payment type.
2. In the Pair payment terminals section, click Connect a terminal.
3. Enter the Serial Number from the terminal.
The serial number will be printed at the top of your payment terminal screen.
4. Select the register you want to pair the terminal to.
5. Click Pair Register.
6. Click Save.
If you're having trouble pairing your CardConnect payment terminal to Retail POS, get in touch with our Support team.
Repeat the above process for each payment terminal you need to connect.
If you want to use a payment terminal you've already connected with a different register, you'll need to reassign it.
1. Navigate to Setup > Payment Types.
2. Locate the CardConnect payment type and click the pencil icon. This will take you to the edit payment type page.
3. Locate the payment terminal you want to reassign and click on the Trash icon beside the pairing.
4. Confirm the deletion by selecting Delete Pairing.
Your payment terminal is now ready to be paired to the new register. Follow the steps in the Pair a payment terminal to Retail POS section above.
On the sell screen:
1. Add your items to the sale and click Pay.
2. On the Pay screen, select CardConnect.
3. Retail POS will display the payment amount you should receive.
4. The payment terminal will show the amount to pay.
5. Your customer can then tap, swipe, or insert their card to complete payment.
Retail POS will display whether the transaction is accepted or declined.
Returns are processed using the Retail POS return process, refer to our Returning a sale in Retail POS (X-Series) guide for steps.
Once you've selected CardConnect as the payment type, the transaction will be sent to the payment terminal. A manager will need to authorize the return using their password on the payment terminal.