In order to set up your receipt printer with your Windows PC, you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need the provided power cable and USB cable for the printer
Make sure you have 80mm receipt rolls. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside, and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash drawer (optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time. To do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
Downloading and Installing the Epson driver
1. Download the latest printer drivers for your Windows PC This is specialized software that helps the printer run correctly on your computer. To download this, go to Epson's website.
2. Select Windows Printer Driver and next to the TM-T82II Driver, click Download page.
3. Scroll to the bottom and select the Accept checkbox, then click Download...
4. When this download is complete, go to the Downloads folder on your PC. Right-click on the downloaded file and click Extract all.
5. Inside the extracted folder, double-click the APD_XXX_T82II.exe file and follow the installation guide instructions.
Not sure where to find the download? Go to explorer and select Downloads from the left-hand list. The download will also appear at the bottom of Google Chrome; click the arrow here and select Show in folder.
Once installed a printer register box will open.
Installing your Epson Printer
You will be brought to the printer setup screen where you'll need to input the following information:
- Model: Select Epson TM-T82II from the drop-down.
- Name: Type in the name of your choice or leave it as default.
- Port Type: Set this to USB.
- Port: Leave this as Auto setup.
Once entered, click Close under Complete to finish
Perform a test print
Now that your Epson TM-T82II is installed you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Sell > Sales history
2. Click a sale to expand it
3. Click Print receipt
4. Select the receipt template you’d like to use
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Epson is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.
Set up a cash drawer
Once you've got the printer set up, you can connect a cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and is triggered to open when you finish a cash sale, and the printer prints the receipt.
To set up the cash drawer:
1. Plug the RJ12 connector cable (the one that looks similar to a phone line) from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
2. Next, go to your Devices and Printers window on your computer.
3. Right-click on your receipt printer, and select Printing Preferences > Peripherals.
4. Once in here, use the drop-down menu to select Cash Drawer.
5. Next, select End of Document and click open on both Cash Drawer #1 and Cash Drawer #2
If you want your cash drawer to fire before the receipt prints you can select the Start of Document option instead.
6. Apply these settings and test it by performing a test print from Sales history.