To return the partial payment a customer made on an On Account sale and close it off without taking a payment in full.
- Vend for Mac or PC
You'd need to manually process the return by handing the customer cash or returning manually on your payment terminal outside of Vend.
To show this in Vend, you can follow these instructions:
- Click Setup
- Click Payment Types
- Create a payment type called 'Bad Debt' or 'Cancelled On-Account'
- Click Save
- Click Sales Ledger
- Search for the On Account sale you want to return
- Expand the sale by clicking the date
- Click Apply payment/refund
- Enter the amount you returned to the customer with a minus symbol (e.g. -55.25)
- Choose the payment type you created earlier