- Vend for Mac or PC
There are two common scenarios where product handles can display as hyphenated on Shopify.
- A duplicate product was created on Shopify with the existing product name which automatically adds the hyphenated number at the end of the handle to make the product unique.
- The products were bulk published to Shopify and Shopify did not respond back to Vend within 5 seconds acknowledging the request. This can result in the duplicate products on Shopify.
- How to remove hyphens from product handles
- Changing the handles in Vend will not update the handle on Shopify. Hyphens will need to be removed manually from the Shopify product.
- For expert advice on how to make these changes, it is recommended to get in touch with Shopify Support.