A customer has exchanged an item. They have now brought it back to exchange/return it. How do I process this on Retail POS?
- Retail POS for PC or Mac
To perform an exchange/return on an item that has been exchanged the best option is to create a manual exchange/return.
- Go to the Sell Screen
- Add the Customer to the sale
- Add the product that the customer is returning to the sale
- Change the quantity of the product being returned to a negative value for the quantity being returned
- If the customer is exchanging for other products, add the other products to the sale with a positive quantity as usual
- Click Pay
- Select the method of payment
For best practices, include the original receipt number and details in the notes section of the sale: