Lite and Pro plans
All retailers on Lite or Pro plans that have their account cancelled due to dunning are required to reactivate on one of our latest Lean, Standard or Advanced plans.
Features previously available to your account on Lite or Pro plans may be affected. You may also lose any existing discount on your current Lite or Pro plan.
Once a Lite or Pro plan has been cancelled due to dunning, it cannot be reactivated to a Lite and Pro plan.
For further information on the latest plans, refer to our Pricing page here.
If you've received an email from Lightspeed informing you that your card has been declined, your account has now entered a period we call "dunning", which is 21 days long.
During the dunning period, your payment will be tried a total of 5 times over 21 days (Day 1, 3, 7, 14, 21) and if it still fails on the 5th attempt the account will be cancelled.
Please note if you are on an obsolete plan when your account is cancelled, you will only be able to reactivate on one of our newest plans.
If your account is not reactivated successfully within 180 days after cancellation, your account and all its data will be permanently deleted. You will not be able to access any records for legal, accounting or tax purposes after this time. If you choose to reactivate your cancelled account before the account is deleted, you’ll have to reactivate on one of our latest pricing plans.
If your payment has failed, you can quickly get back to selling and avoid getting locked out of your account, by navigating to Setup > Billing > Update Your Billing Details and entering a new credit card.
Alternatively, you can try these steps to have your card successfully charged:
- Confirm and update your card details in Retail POS under Setup > Billing.
- Ensure the active card is not expired.
- Check the card number to ensure it's not an old or cancelled card and that it has been entered correctly.
- Check with your bank to see if your credit card is authorised for an International transaction (specifically for VENDHQ.COM.) If you are located outside of New Zealand.
- Ensure online transactions are authorised for the credit card.
- Check that the card is a credit card and not a debit card. Retail POS accepts credit cards specifically, while some debit cards may work, most will not be accepted by our payment gateway.
- Ensure there are sufficient funds on the card to make payment.
Retail POS will automatically try to retake your payment when you update your card details.
Please note you will not be able to change your Retail POS subscription, delete registers or delete outlets until your payment has been successful. If your payment continues to fail or you need to change your Retail POS subscription, sign in here and click Contact Us to get in touch with Retail Support.