- Vend for Mac or PC
Every product in Vend has an average cost that you cannot directly edit or change through a CSV import. The average cost can be a different value to a product's supply price and is a different entity in Vend.
Average cost is:
- The averages of all historical supply prices you have purchased your products for over a period of time
- Affected only through the use of a stock order in Vend. Directly editing a products' supply price on the edit product page will not make a change to the average cost
- How your cost of goods, and therefore the cost of goods sold ('COGS') is calculated, not by a products' supply price
- The Stock Value figure used for Vend's reporting functions to calculate COGS, Gross Profit etc
- Updated by the system only when a change in inventory levels occurs (i.e. Sales/Stock orders/Purchase Orders)