You can reset a products' average cost to match its supply price. This will fix your cost of goods (COGS) going forward, but will not retroactively fix previous reports.
- Vend for Mac or PC
- Open Office/Excel
- Products > Export List
- Save two copies of each file; one as a backup, and one to work with later
- In one file, filter out the product you wish to fix the average cost for
- Navigate to Products > Stock Control > Inventory Count
- Click on Add Inventory Count
- Give the count a name and choose an outlet
- Click on Partial Count
- Scroll down to 'Filter Products' and add the products you need to fix the average cost for
- Click Start Count
- Do not count any products, click Review
- Click Complete. This will revert your inventory to 0 for the selected products.
- Click Submit
Create a stock order CSV file using one of the exported files you saved earlier.
- Open the second CSV file you saved earlier.
- Delete all columns except 'sku', 'handle', 'supply price', and 'inventory_outletname'
- Rename 'inventory_outletname' to 'qty'
- Check that the supply price for the products are correct
- Save the file
Order and receive the inventory you had back into Vend using the above stock order.
- Products > Stock Control > Order Stock
- Name the order 'fixing average cost'
- Click Any for order from
- Select 'Don't auto-fill' from the drop-down menu
- Click Choose File and select the stock order CSV file
- Click Save
- Click Save and Send
- Click Receive
- Mark All Received
- Click Save and Receive
The inventory for your products will be added back into your store and the average cost will be reset to the supply price of the product.