You can reset a products' average cost to match its supply price. This will fix your cost of goods (COGS) going forward, but will not retroactively fix previous reports.
We recommend doing this when not selling or your store is closed, so that your inventory levels are not affected by this process.
- Vend for Mac or PC
- Open Office/Excel
Overview: You will be removing the inventory of the products you are adjusting the average cost of. Then you will add the inventory back in with a Purchase Order which will recalculate the average cost for each product.
- Go to Products > Export List
- Save two copies of each file; one as a backup, and one to work with later
- In one file, filter out the product you wish to fix the average cost for
- Navigate to Products > Stock Control > Inventory Count
- Click on Add Inventory Count
- Give the count a name and choose an outlet
- Click on Partial Count
- Scroll down to 'Filter Products' and add the products you need to fix the average cost for
- Click Start Count
- Refresh the page until the total number of products in the count match the amount of products you are wanting to reset.
- Do not count any products, click Review
- Click Complete. This will revert your inventory to 0 for the selected products. Then click Submit
Create a stock order CSV file using one of the exported files you saved earlier.
- Open the second CSV file you saved earlier.
- Delete all columns except 'sku', 'handle', 'supply price', and 'inventory_outletname'
- Rename 'inventory_outletname' to 'quantity'
- Check that the supply price for the products are correct
- Save the file
Order and receive the inventory you had back into Vend using the above purchase order.
Important: With large Purchase Orders it will take longer to load.
- Go to Products > Stock Control > Purchase Orders
- Type in 'fixing average cost' as the Order Number or as a Note
- Click Import via CSV and select the stock order CSV file
- Click Save
- Click Send Order
- In the pop-up window enter your email address and click Send
- Click Receive
- Click Mark All Received
- Wait for this to update the Stock Order
- Click Save and Receive
The inventory for your products will be added back into your store and the average cost will be reset to the supply price of the product.