Note: The WooCommerce integration is currently in Beta and will be available to retailers on our latest Pro and Enterprise plans. For more information click here.
Before connecting your WooCommerce store to Vend, we recommend connecting your store to a staging environment. Creating a staging environment enables you to test the new integration and cause the least disruption to your store and your customers.
We also recommend that you read our Help Article - Things to check before integrating WooCommerce with Vend. This will ensure that you have everything prepared before setting up the integration which will enable you to link your existing Vend and WooCommerce products.
Often, when linking your Vend account with your WooCommerce store, you will already have existing products in both Vend and WooCommerce. If this is the case, you should link these products together so that stock changes are synced between Vend and WooCommerce. Below are the three most common scenarios you may encounter when linking your Vend and WooCommerce products.
Note: If you experience difficulties linking your existing products, check out our Troubleshooting your Vend-WooCommerce Integration article.
Scenario 1: I have common products in Vend and WooCommerce with matching SKUs.
If you have common products in Vend and WooCommerce, syncing the products from WooCommerce will link them to the same products in Vend based on the exact match of SKUs. To do this:
Navigate to Setup -> Add-ons -> WooCommerce Settings.
Once here click Import All Products.
All of your WooCommerce products will be synced with Vend and any products with matching SKUs will be linked together going forward. If you are using Barcodes in WooCommerce, you will need to transfer these to the Variant SKU field within WooCommerce before you pull them into Vend. This is to ensure that the products will match with an existing Vend product.
Important: Selecting Import All Products will pull all the information from WooCommerce and overwrite what is currently in Vend. Please make sure all the relevant information is in WooCommerce before you initiate the sync into Vend. You could also take backups of your current Vend products by following the steps below:
1. Export your product list to a CSV file. You will have a copy of your current inventory levels in Vend.
2. Sync your WooCommerce products with Vend. You can confirm this once every product in Vend displays the green view on WooCommerce banner. Whatever inventory level is showing for a product in WooCommerce will now show in Vend as well.
3. Import the product CSV file back into Vend to bring back the inventory levels from before the sync.
Scenario 2: I have products in both Vend and WooCommerce, and none of them are common, but I want to link and keep all the products on both platforms.
Sometimes you may have a set of products in Vend and a different set in WooCommerce. If you’d like to combine the two, so both Vend and WooCommerce have all of the same Products, follow the steps below:
1. First, sync the WooCommerce products into Vend by navigating to Setup -> Add-ons -> WooCommerce Settings and clicking on the Import All Products button.
Important: Any images attached to products in WooCommerce will not come into Vend. If you want these images in Vend, you’ll have to upload the images afterwards manually.
2. Publish the Vend products to WooCommerce by going to the same WooCommerce settings page in Vend but this time, click Publish All Products.
By doing this, all active products in Vend will be published to your WooCommerce store.
Important: We will only send the main product image to WooCommerce. If you wish to show multiple images, such as images for the variant products, then you’ll need to upload these manually afterwards.
Scenario 3: I have products in Vend and WooCommerce, and most of them are common, but the SKUs between Vend and WooCommerce do not match.
Sometimes you may have the same products in Vend and WooCommerce, but the SKU’s for these products may not match perfectly between Vend and WooCommerce. To fix this, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure that the common products in Vend and WooCommerce have the same SKU.
2. If any common products in Vend and WooCommerce do not have matching SKUs then edit the SKU for these products in either WooCommerce or Vend.
Important: Before going ahead with this change it is important to note the implications of changing SKUs in Vend or WooCommerce:
- Changing the SKUs in Vend -> If you use barcodes in store then you’d have to print the barcode again for the new SKUs.
Please check with WooCommerce Support regarding the implications of changing the SKU.
3. Once you have the SKU match for every product then head over to the WooCommerce Settings page in Vend and click Import All Products. This way Vend will look for the SKU on the WooCommerce products and link them together.
4. It is important that you Import All Products when you are first linking WooCommerce with Vend. Once you’ve done this, all future products should be created in Vend, as Vend will be the master of all inventory and product management going forward.