Correctly open, format and save CSV files in OpenOffice
Opening the CSV file:
- Open a CSV file in OpenOffice
- Set the character set to Unicode (UTF-8)
- Set separator options to separated by comma
- Set the text delimiter to "
- If working with a product CSV, right click the SKU column and set to "Text"
Saving the CSV file:
- Click File > Save As
- Ensure file type is set as "Text CSV (.csv)"
- Select "Edit filter settings"
- Click "Save"
- Enable "Quote all text cells"
- Click "OK"
Download Open Office for free - https://www.openoffice.org/download/