A product in Retail POS can be deactivated or deleted via the Product page. This article guides you through deactivating or deleting a product in Retail POS.
Deactivate a product
There are some situations where you may need to work with a product again. Therefore, we generally do not recommend that you delete products, but instead deactivate them in your store.
To deactivate a single product, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products.
2. Locate the product you want to deactivate.
3. Click on the checkbox to the left of the product to select it.
4. Click the drop-down arrow labeled Choose an action (X selected) and select Deactivate product.
5. Confirm your choice in the dialogue box that appears. Your product is now inactive.
Activating or deactivating products in bulk
In some cases, you might want to make bulk changes to your product's status as active or inactive. You can make these changes in bulk on the product page.
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products. This page will default to showing your active products, so if you are activating products you will need to use the Status field to filter the product page for inactive products.
2. On the left side, select the checkboxes next to the products you wish to update. You can also select all products by clicking the topmost checkbox.
3. Click Activate products to activate your selected products in bulk, or Deactivate products to deactivate products in bulk.
4. In the dialogue box that appears, click Activate products or Deactivate products.
Note: Checking the "select all" checkbox will only select products that currently appear on the page. If you wish to select all products that meet your filtered settings, scroll down until all of the products have loaded and then click the "select all" checkbox.