A quote is a record of a sale containing products and how much they would cost. It is usually given for customers who are purchasing things in bulk or someone who is shopping around and wanting to compare prices between different stores.
To generate a quote in Vend, follow the steps below:
1. When a customer requests a quote, on the Sell Screen, add the products and any other information needed (such as the customer name, any discounts, a sale note, changes to tax etc.)
2. On a Mac or PC click on the Park sale button above the sale on the screen.
3. When you select Quote, the sale will be parked and you can choose to either print or email the quote using your available templates.
4. Click Print Receipt and select your desired receipt template to print the quote. The quote your customer will receive will contain all the sales information for the goods contained in the sale, and how much your customer would have to pay to complete the purchase.
5. Click Complete Sale to Park the sale.
6. You can then choose to keep the parked sale in your system, or to remove it by Continuing the sale from the Sales History and then instantly selecting Discard Sale above your Add Customer box on the Sell Screen.
To print a Quote on iPad:
1. Add the customer and products to the sell screen
2. Tap on the menu icon in the top right of the screen and select “Print current sale”
3. Select your Quote template
4. Park the sale
For quotes to show as an option, the Ask for a note feature under each register needs to be set to On Save/Layby/Account/Return: