If you are using cash management and have an integration with Xero, you will need to set up your store so that your cash movements will be posted to Xero.If you do not map the correct account codes in the Vend - Xero mappings page, cash movements will not flow through to Xero.
The steps below are mandatory, and to learn how to set this up, follow the steps below:
Create new entries in your chart of accounts for cash float, petty cash and cash in/out:
Note: The account codes and names listed in the screenshots below are for example only, you do not have to use these exact codes or names when creating these accounts.
1. First off, you'll need to create a new Current Asset account in Xero for cash float. Call it "Cash Float" or something similar.
2. Ensure that Enable payments to this account is ticked. This account will be used to post your daily float and any float adjustments that were made during the day.
3. Next, create a new Expense account in Xero for petty cash. Call it "Petty Cash" or something similar.
4. Ensure that Enable payments to this account is ticked. This account will be used to post any petty cash amounts taken or added into your cash drawer for any small expenses of your store.
5. Create another new Current Asset account in Xero for cash in and cash out. Call it "Cash Clearing" or something similar.
6. Ensure that Enable payments to this account is ticked. It is important a different Current Asset account is explicitly used for this. This is because when cash in or cash out is performed, you will have to reconcile with a bank entry (in case money was taken out for a bank deposit.)
You will now have three new entries in your chart of accounts in Xero. Next, you will have to map these to your Vend - Xero settings.
Map these accounts to your Vend - Xero settings:
Once these accounts have been created, you'll need to map them to your Vend account. To do this, follow the steps below :
1. Head to Setup -> Add-ons and click on the Settings button next to Xero. You should now be in your Vend - Xero Mappings page.
2. Navigate to the Accounts for Cash Management section and map each account to its respective fields.
You will now have set up Cash Management with Xero and your cash movements will be posted to Xero.