This guide provides step-by-step instructions explaining how to install an Epson TM-T82II for iPad.
In order to set up your receipt printer with your Mac, Windows PC or iPad you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable for the printer and an ethernet cable to plug the printer into your internet router. If you don't already have an ethernet cable ask your printer supplier to include one when you buy the printer or pick one up from your local electronics store.
Make sure you've got some 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (Optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialised cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
Connecting the printer to your iPad
Before getting started, you'll need the test receipt with the IP address on it. To get this, press and hold the 'push' button on the back of the printer for about 4 seconds. The printer will print out the network settings, and you should see the IP address listed up the top.
Note If the IP address on the settings receipt says "NONE", the printer is not connected to the internet. Double check the ethernet cable is connected securely to both the back of the printer and the router and then press and hold the 'push' button again.
Once we have this we can then connect the printer to the Register app:
1. On your iPad, check that you are connected to the WiFi connection in your store.
2. Open the Vend iPad app and Tap the menu icon. The sidebar will open.
3. Select Settings > Hardware > Add Printer to generate the Add printer form:
4. Tap the blue Find button. To auto-add your printer select “TM-T82II”, if available.
Checkpoint: No printer found? We’ve got you covered: tap printer model and choose the Epson TM-T82II. Enter the printer IP address from the receipt slip you printed earlier
5. Select a name for your printer. This can be anything you choose such as “Cashier 1” or “Receipt Printer”. Include your selection in the “name” field.
6. Select one of the following receipt options:
- a standard receipt - this is a typical end-of-sale receipt.
- a secondary receipt - this is a receipt that only prints certain items.
7. Choose whether you'd like your receipts to be printed automatically. If you don't automatically print a receipt, you won't be able to print one during the sale manually.
8. Choose the number of receipt copies you’d like to print for each sale
9. Click Save to add your printer.
Checkpoint: Run a test sale to ensure your setup is successful. If your receipt fails to print, go back to checkpoints 1&2. Remember to void the test sale after your receipt is printed!
Connecting the Cash Drawer
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale, and the printer prints the receipt. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Vend.
To set up the Cash Drawer, open up the Vend Register app and follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the menu button to open the sidebar menu.
2. Tap Settings and choose Hardware.
3. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to.
4. Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
5. On the printer settings page, toggle the Cash drawer enabled setting to on.
6. Toggle the Open cash on sale setting to on.