Taxes in Vend can be set at a number of different levels:
- A default tax for your entire store, made up of one or more tax types.
- A tax rate on an individual product for all outlets. This may be no tax or any of the taxes you've created for your store.
Tax types can either be added from the Dashboard Getting Started wizard, or from the Sales Taxes Setup page.
Creating an individual sales tax
- Click the New Sales Tax button.
- In the pop-up window, name your tax and type in the tax percentage.
- Save your tax.
You've now created a new tax rate and can continue to complete the steps above for each tax rate in your region.
Apply the default tax for your store
- Open the General Settings page on the Setup tab.
- In the default tax drop-down, select the tax rate you'd like to apply.
This tax rate is now set as the default tax for your store.
IMPORTANT: Existing products will only have their tax rate updated if they are already set to use the 'default tax' for your store. You should confirm your products have the correct tax rate.