Common reasons why Shopify sales may not sync to Vend:
- Archived Orders will not import into Vend
- Orders will not import if they include deleted products or Custom Products. Both are non-clickable products that are part of the order
- Draft orders will not sync to Vend
- Orders can fail to import if they were placed on a 3rd party fulfillment app connected to Shopify
Your Shopify orders should sync over to your Vend Sales Ledger a few minutes after they are completed. If this doesn't happen, or only some of your orders sync over, there a few things you will want to check to ensure your orders will sync over from Shopify into your Vend Sales Ledger.
- Once your Vend and Shopify accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- Shopify feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the Shopify integration!
Check Vend Settings
In Vend, you will need to make sure your Shopify integration is set up correctly so that Vend will look to Shopify for new orders.
To check this, follow the steps below:
1. Head to Setup>Add-ons>Shopify. Click on the pencil icon.
2. Scroll down to Automatic Updates and make sure that the box next to Update Vend - when an order is received in Shopify is checked blue.
3. Go to Get Shopify Orders>Get New Shopify Orders to check if your orders will sync through now.
4. If this box is checked and you still do not see orders in your Sales Ledger, it may be that your orders are archived in Shopify.
Archived Orders in Shopify
Archiving is a setting in Shopify that can prevent Vend from finding your Shopify orders. To check whether your orders are archived in Shopify, follow the steps below:
1. Head into Shopify and click Orders. Select one of the orders that are not appearing in your Sales Ledger. Across the top of the order, you'll be able to see if it's archived, like this one below.
2. To unarchive the order, click More Actions and select Unarchive.
3. Now, head back into Vend and go to Setup -> Add-ons -> Shopify -> Get Shopify Orders -> Get New Shopify Orders. You should notice that your orders should appear in your Sales Ledger.
When a Shopify sale syncs to Vend, if it has a shipping method linked to it, this will be created in Vend along with the sale. This shipping product should not be deleted in Vend.