Along with Retail POS's loyalty feature, retailers may choose to issue physical loyalty cards to their customers. Loyalty cards serve as a reminder of your store's loyalty program and can help incentivize your customers to make repeat purchases at your store.
Loyalty cards can also save you time during a sale because Retail POS can identify your customer when you scan the loyalty card barcode and quickly add them to the sale. This article will guide you through setting up and using loyalty cards at your store.
Before you get started
Before you can issue your loyalty cards you will need to enable the loyalty feature in your Retail POS store. Then, you need to acquire physical loyalty cards to issue to your customers.
Turning on the loyalty feature
To activate loyalty in your Retail POS store, view this article.
Once enabled, you will be able to offer your customers loyalty for making purchases in your store.
Getting your loyalty cards
After you have enabled the feature, you will need to get your physical loyalty cards. You can purchase these from a loyalty card supplier, or print out your own and assign a code to the card.
Setting up the loyalty card
Before you can issue a loyalty card to a customer, you need to assign it to their customer profile.
Your loyalty cards come prepopulated with barcode numbers. To assign a loyalty card to a customer, enter this barcode number into the Customer code field when editing or creating a customer profile.
Assigning a loyalty card to a new customer
1. On the sell screen, enter the new customer's name into the Add a customer field. Click + Add "X" as a new customer to open the Add customer pop-up.
2. In the Add customer pop-up, enter the customer's first name, last name, and any other relevant contact information. Then, click Details.
3. Scroll down the Details page until you reach the Additional information section. Locate the Customer code field, and scan or manually enter the loyalty card barcode number.
4. Click Create new customer. The loyalty card is now associated with your customer's profile.
Assigning a loyalty card to an existing customer
1. To assign a loyalty card to an existing customer, navigate to Customers > Customers. Locate the customer (using the search box and filters, if needed) and click the pencil icon on the right of their customer profile.
2. The Edit customer pop-up will appear. Click Details.
3. Scroll down the Details page until you reach the Additional information section. Click on the Customer code field, and scan or manually enter the loyalty card barcode number.
4. Click Save changes.
How to use the loyalty card in store
In Retail POS, the customer code is a unique identifier assigned to each customer. You can replace the customer code with the loyalty barcode number so that when you scan the card on the sell screen, Retail POS automatically adds the customer to the sale.