When taking payments using Worldpay Integrated Payments, a receipt screen may pop up instantly to say the payment has declined. On closer inspection, the reason for the Decline is that the terminal is offline which is why the attempted sale fails instantly.
To learn how to fix this, follow the steps below:
1. Try to reboot your payment terminal. To do this, hold down the Power key on the keypad and let it power back up.
2. Once it powers back up, try to process another sale from Vend.
3. If the sale continues to be declined, try to plug the payment terminal into a different Ethernet port or try to plug it in directly into your router.
For Wi-Fi enabled models, you will need to follow the steps to disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi.
3. If the issue persists at this point, it is likely to be an issue on your Internet Service Provider's end. They will need to diagnose and check why the terminal is not picking up an internet connection from any of the ports.
Another cause here can be an issue with Worldpays batch. If you see the error 'Must Balance Now' this means the batch has met the maximum amount of days it is allowed to be open.
To resolve this, follow the steps below:
- Attempt to close the batch.
- If you receive further error messages, please contact Worldpay Integrated Payments for additional troubleshooting.