You can use the Sales History to void sales. Voiding a sale will send the sold products back into stock and remove any payments that were made against the sale from your reporting.
Voiding a sale DOES NOT automatically refund payments made against the sale to the customer.
Refunds, such as cash and card payments, must be processed manually outside of Vend once the sale is voided.
Types of sales that can be voided and implications of voiding them:
- Closed Sales: all payments made against the sale are cancelled out (but not returned to the customer, this must be done manually). Inventory is returned into Vend.
- Parked Sales: the parked sale will be cancelled as there is no payment or inventory to account for, however a record will remain in Sales History.
- Layby/On Account Sales: all payments made against the sale are cancelled out (but not returned to the customer, this must be done manually). Inventory is returned into Vend.
- Returns: all refunds issued against the sale are cancelled out (including store credit) and the returned inventory is removed from stock.
- Parked Returns: the parked sale will be cancelled as there is no payment or inventory to account for, however a record will remain in Sales History.
- Gift Cards: voiding sales of gift cards will remove the gift card balance and the gift card number can be used again. Voiding sales where a gift card has been used as a payment method will re-credit the amount to the gift card.
Loyalty earned from a sale is removed when the sale is voided. Loyalty that has been used as a payment type on a sale is returned to the customer when a sale is voided.
Sales that have a return against it cannot be voided as the return is loaded against it. This does not change when voided the return.
How to void the sale:
To void a sale in Sales History, first, locate and click on the sale you wish to expand it, showing you more information about the sale.
Next, click the Void button on the right-hand side of your screen.
A dialogue box will open asking to confirm that you wish to void the sale — voiding a sale cannot be undone. If you do wish to void the sale, click Void Sale.
This will refresh your Sales History and the sale will appear as Voided.
Lastly, you will need to return any payments to the customer in accordance with your stores refund policy. This is done manually outside of Vend. The payments will be removed from reporting once the sale is voided.
You will be able to see the details of this sale in Sales History, even after it has been voided. This is for recording purposes in case you need to review voided sales in the future.