Are you using the Vend Store Credit feature and have an integration with Xero or QuickBooks Online? Before issuing store credit, you will need to set up your store so that liability flows through to Xero or QuickBooks Online when store credit is given and redeemed. For more information on how to do this in Xero, click here. For more information on how to do this in QuickBooks Online, click here.
To get started with store credits, you will need to enable it for your store. To do this follow the steps below:
1. In the Vend Sell Screen, click Setup and find the Store Credit tab.
2. Once here, click the switch next to Enable Store Credit. This will turn green and enable the option to issue or redeem Store Credit in your store.
3. If your store is linked to Xero, follow the step shown below the green switch to configure your "Store credit liabilities" for Xero. If your store is linked to QuickBooks Online, follow the same option to configure your "Store credit liabilities" for QuickBooks Online.
4. By default, only managers and admins can issue and redeem store credits. If you'd like to allow this feature for cashiers, navigate to Setup -> Users and select Roles near to the top of the page.
5. Select your Cashier role from the list below.
6. From this page, you will be able to change various permissions for your cashier, including permissions around issuing and redeeming store credits.
If you allow store credit for cashiers, cashiers will also be able to apply discounts and process returns on normal sales.
For more information on Store Credits in Vend, check out this article.