Vend offers an On-Ice service which allows you to put your account on hold temporarily for a small charge. While your account is On-Ice, Vend will retain all your store data until you're ready to unfreeze and use your account again.
The on-ice service costs US $5 / CAD $5 / NZ $7 / AU $5 / UK £5 per month.
While your account is On-Ice, you will not be able to access your data. However, the data will be saved and you will be able to access your data once you unfreeze the account.
Before you put your account On-Ice
If you need to access your store data while your account is On-Ice, you may want to complete the steps below before you put your account On-Ice.
- Export your sales data. This can be exported from the Sales History (Sell -> Sales History). Refer to our Exporting your Sales Data from Vend for steps how.
- Export your Product list. This is exported from the Products page.
- Export your Customer list. This is exported from the Customers page.
- Export your Register Closures from Reporting -> Register Closures.
- Export your Sales reports. These can be found under Reporting -> Sales Reports on the sidebar.
- Export your Tax reports. These can be found under Reporting -> Tax Reports on the sidebar.
- Export any additional reports you might need including any gift card and store credit reports. Each reporting page has an export button.
- If you have a Xero account, you will also need to make sure that all of your register closures, on account sales and stock orders (if applicable), are successfully posted to Xero before putting your account On-Ice.
Once you've exported all your data, you are now ready to put your account On-Ice.
Putting your account On-Ice
If you would like to put your account On-Ice, follow these steps:
- Sign in as an admin user
- Click Setup
- Click Billing
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click Cancel My Account
- Follow the automated prompts
- No, I want to cancel
- I want to cancel my account
- I'll pause my account
- Accept on-ice
Reactivate an On-Ice Account
Once you are ready to reactivate your account, follow these steps:
- Log in to Vend
- Click Reactivate My Account.