Lite and Pro plans
Before putting your account On Ice, please note that all retailers on Lite and Pro plans will be required to reactivate on one of our latest Lean, Standard, or Advanced plans.
Features available to your account may be affected when you change your billing plan or frequency. You may also lose any existing discount on your current plan. Once you move to the latest plans, you will be unable to switch back to a previous plan.
For further information on the latest plans, refer to our pricing page.
Lightspeed offers an on ice service that allows you to temporarily pause your Retail POS account for a small monthly fee. While your account is on ice, Retail POS will retain all your store data until you're ready to unpause.
This is perfect for seasonal businesses, or when you just need a break from selling and want to pick up where you left off when you're ready to start selling again.
The on Ice service costs are as follows: US $5 / CAD $5 / NZ $7 / AU $5 / UK £5 / SA R50 (per month).
While your account is on ice, you will not be able to access your data. However, the data will be saved and you will be able to access your data once you unfreeze the account.
Before you put your account on ice
If you need to access your store data while your account is on ice, you may want to complete the steps below before you put your account on ice:
- Export your sales data. This can be exported from the Sales history (Sell > Sales history). Refer to our Exporting your Sales Data from Retail POS.
- Export your product list. This is exported from the Products page.
- Export your customer list. This is exported from the Customers page.
- Export your register closures from Reporting > Register closures.
- Export your sales reports. These can be found under Reporting > Sales reports on the sidebar.
- Export your tax reports. These can be found under Reporting > Tax reports on the sidebar.
- Export any additional reports you might need including any gift card and store credit reports.
- If you have a Xero account, you will also need to make sure that all of your register closures, on account sales and stock orders (if applicable), are successfully posted to Xero before putting your account On Ice.
Once you've exported all your data, you are now ready to put your account On Ice.
Putting your account On Ice
If you would like to put your account on ice, follow these steps:
- Click this link to be redirected to the billing page.
- Select the Temporarily close my account option box.
- Input when you intend to reactivate, or select I'm not sure.
- Select Put my data on ice.
- Click Put my account on ice.
Reactivate an on ice account
Once you are ready to reactivate your account, follow these steps:
- Log in to Retail POS.
- Click Reactivate my account.