Duplicating a product allows you to save time when adding a new product to your store. The purpose of duplicating a product is to allow retailers to duplicate information from one product to the next.
By duplicating a product, the new product will inherit the same brand, description, tags, product type, supplier, supply price, tax, custom loyalty, specific accounting details, markup, and retail price of the product that was duplicated.
The duplicate product will not inherit the name, handle, image, SKU, supplier code, and inventory information of the original product.
Note: If you want to set up multiple variants of the same product click here.
To learn how to duplicate a product, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and identify the product you wish to duplicate, using the filters if necessary.
2. Click on the product to expand and click Duplicate.
3. Enter the name for this duplicated product and any further information as required. For example, specific supplier details connected to this duplicated product.
Note: If you use custom SKU's, make sure to enter a SKU for this duplicated product.
4. Once you're happy with how this duplicated product looks, click Save.
5. Your duplicated product is now added to your store and ready to be sold!