Duplicating a product allows you to save time when adding a new product to your store. The purpose of duplicating a product is to allow retailers to duplicate information from one product to the next.
By duplicating a product, the new product will inherit the same brand, description, tags, product type, supplier, supply price, tax, custom loyalty, specific accounting details, markup and retail price of the product that was duplicated.
The duplicate product will not inherit the name, handle, image, SKU, supplier code and inventory information of the original product.
Note: If you want to set up multiple variants of the same product click here.
To learn how to duplicate a product, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog -> Products
2. Locate the product you wish to duplicate and click on its name. This will take you to this product's information page.
3. Once here, click the duplicate button. This will take you to the duplicated product page.
4. Enter the name for this duplicated product and any further information as required. For example, specific supplier details connected to this duplicated product.
Note: If you use custom SKU's, make sure to enter a SKU for this duplicated product.
5. Once your happy with how this duplicated product looks, click save.
6. Your duplicated product is now added to your store and ready to be sold!