How do I update my credit card details?
You can update your credit card details on the Billing tab, under the Setup menu.
You can change these details at any time. If you change them after payment has failed, Vend will automatically attempt to process the payment again.
Will my charge incur any fees?
If you are located outside of the USA, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, OR Canada, then your payment could incur additional bank fees at the discretion of your bank. Fees may be charged for Currency Conversion and International Settlement; your charge may still be subject to additional fees even if you are being charged by Vend in your local currency. If your credit card statement charge differs from your Vend Invoice, please contact your bank in the first instance. Vend is not liable for any additional bank transaction fees that may be charged.
What can I do if my card fails?
Payments may fail for a number of reasons. We'll send you an email and also show you a blue notification banner in Vend if we have a problem with your payment. To quickly get back to selling and avoid getting locked out of your account, you can click on Update Your Billing Details to enter a new credit card.
The blue banner will display a different message if the user is logged in as a Cashier and will prompt the Cashier to contact their store manager or administrator.
If your payment fails, you can also follow the steps below:
- Confirm and update your card details in Vend under Setup -> Billing.
- Ensure the active card is not expired.
- Check the card number to ensure it's not an old or cancelled card and that it has been entered correctly.
- Check with your bank to see if your credit card is authorised for an International transaction (specifically for VENDHQ.COM.) if you are located outside of New Zealand.
- Ensure online transactions are authorised for the credit card.
- Check that the card is a credit card and not a debit card. Vend accepts credit card specifically, while some debit cards may work, most will not be accepted by our payment gateway.
- Ensure there are sufficient funds on the card to make payment.
Vend will automatically try to retake your payment when you update your card details.
Please note you will not be able to change your base plan or delete registers until your payment has been successful. If your payment continues to fail or you need to change your base plan, sign in here and click Contact Us to get in touch with Vend Support.
Your payment will be tried a total of 5 times over 21 days and if it still fails on the 5th attempt the account will be cancelled. If your account is not re-activated successfully 30 days after cancellation, your account and all its data will be permanently deleted. You will not be able to access any records for legal, accounting or tax purposes after this time. If you choose to reactivate your cancelled account before the account is deleted, you’ll have to reactivate on one of our latest pricing plans.
I think I've been overcharged
If you think you've been overcharged, the first thing to do is check your credit card statement and confirm whether or not the charges on your credit card statement match the 'payment' charges on your Vend statement.
If the charges do match, read the explanation of Vend Invoices below OR click here for an explanation of how Vend manages pricing plan changes.
If you still believe your charges are incorrect, contact our Support Team by signing in here and clicking Contact Us. You will need to provide your bank statements as evidence when you dispute a charge.
I'm confused about my Vend Invoice. Help!
Sometimes, Vend Invoices (bill statements) can be confusing, especially if you've changed pricing plan part way through a month.
Here are some basic pointers to help you understand your bill:
There are three types of credits/debits that appear on your bill:
- Charges: This is the cost of your Vend pricing plan, including registers and priority phone support.
- Adjustments: These are changes made to your bill. The most common examples are discounts from coupons, credits from changing your pricing plan part-way through the month, or refunds.
- Payments: This is the actual amount billed to your credit card. It's calculated by taking the total charges and subtracting any adjustments.
I think my account has been canceled due to non-payment. How do I reactivate?
If your account has been cancelled, it means that the credit card you use to pay for Vend has been cancelled or is expired, and Vend can no longer process your next bill. You will know if your store has been cancelled, if a blue banner appears at the bottom of your Vend store.
To quickly get back to selling and avoid getting locked out of your account, you will need to upgrade to one of our latest pricing plans in order to do so. Follow the steps above relating to updating your credit card details to update your billing details.
This banner will display a different message if the user is logged in as a Cashier and will prompt the Cashier to contact their store manager or administrator.