How do I update my credit card details?
You can update your credit card details on the Billing tab, under the Setup menu. You can change these details at any time. If you change them after a payment has failed, Vend will automatically attempt to process the payment again.
Will my charge incur any fees?
If you are located outside of New Zealand, then your payment could incur additional bank fees at the discretion of your bank. Fees may be charged for Currency Conversion and International Settlement; your charge may still be subject to additional fees even if you are being charged by Vend in your local currency. If your credit card statement charge differs from your Vend Invoice, please contact your bank in the first instance. Vend is not liable for any additional bank transaction fees that may be charged.
What can I do if my card fails?
Payments may fail for a number of reasons. We'll send you an email and also show you a blue notification banner in Vend if we have a problem with your payment. To quickly get back to selling and avoid getting locked out of your account, you can click on 'Update Your Billing Details' to enter a new credit card.
Note: The blue banner will display a different message if the user is logged in as a Cashier and will prompt the Cashier to contact their store manager or administrator.
If your payment fails, you can also follow the steps below:
- Confirm and update your card details in Vend under Setup > Billing.
- Ensure the active card is not expired.
- Check the card number to ensure it's not an old or cancelled card and that it has been entered correctly.
- If you're not from New Zealand or Australia, check with your bank to see if your credit card is authorised for an International transaction (specifically for VENDHQ.COM.)
- Ensure online transactions are authorised for the credit card.
- Ensure there are sufficient funds on the card to make payment.
Vend will automatically try to take your payment again when you update your card details.
Please note you will not be able to change your base plan or delete registers until your payment has been successful. If your payment continues to fail or you need to change your base plan, sign in here and click Contact Us to get in touch with Vend Support.
Your payment will be tried a total of 5 times over 21 days and if it still fails on the 5th attempt the account will be cancelled. Please note that if your account is not re-activated successfully within 30 days you will no longer be able to access your store or its data.
I think I've been overcharged:
If you think you've been overcharged, the first thing to do is check your credit card statement and confirm whether or not the charges on your credit card statement match the 'payment' charges on your Vend statement.
If the charges do match, read the explanation of Vend Invoices below OR click here for an explanation of how Vend manages pricing plan changes. If you still believe your charges are incorrect, contact Vend Support.
If these charges do not match, contact our Support Team by signing in here and clicking 'Contact Us'. You will need to provide your bank statements as evidence when you dispute a charge.
I'm confused about my Vend Invoice. Help!
Sometimes, Vend Invoices (bill statements) can be confusing, especially if you've changed pricing plan part way through a month.
Here are some basic pointers to help you understand your bill:
- There are three types of credits/debits that appear on your bill:
- Charges: This is the cost of your Vend pricing plan, including registers and priority phone support.
- Adjustments: These are changes made to your bill. The most common examples are discounts from coupons, credits from changing your pricing plan part-way through the month, or refunds.
- Payments: This is the actual amount billed to your credit card. It's calculated by taking the total charges and subtracting any adjustments.
- If you've changed pricing plan part-way through the month, you'll see an adjustment for the credit of the old pricing plan, and a charge for the full month on the new plan.
- If you've got a discount from a voucher/coupon code, this will appear as an adjustment. The full value of the pricing plan will still be shown under 'charges'.