Put your Retail POS account on ice!
You can pause your Retail POS account for a small monthly fee to save all your data until you need it again! This is perfect for seasonal businesses, or when you just need a break from selling and want to pick up where you left off when you're ready to start selling again.
For further information on pausing your account, read our Pausing your Retail POS account (On-Ice) guide.
Are you sure? Your Retail POS experience doesn't need to end here! Search the Help Centre for our guides on how to make your store better catered to your business's needs.
However, if you still wish to cancel your account permanently, follow the steps below.
It is important that you understand that once you cancel your account, all of your data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Also for those on a contract, you will be charged the remainder of the contract term upon cancellation. We do not offer pro-rated refunds if you decide to terminate an annual or monthly contract early. See the Lightspeed Service Agreement for more details.
- Export your sales data. This can be exported from the Sales history (Sell > Sales history). Refer to our Exporting your Sales Data from Retail POS for steps how.
- Export your product list. This is exported from the Products page.
- Export your customer list. This is exported from the Customers page.
- Export your register closures from Reporting > Register closures.
- Export your sales reports. These can be found under Reporting > Sales reports on the sidebar.
- Export your tax reports. These can be found under Reporting > Tax reports on the sidebar.
- To export any additional reports you might need, including any gift card and store credit reports, please contact Support for assistance.
Once you've exported all your data, you are now ready to cancel your account.
If you have been using your store for sales, rather than trialling, you must export your data from your store before you begin the cancellation process.
Cancel your account on desktop
To cancel your Retail POS account, navigate to Setup > Billing and click Cancel my account at the bottom of the page and follow the automated prompts.
We also recommend deleting the Retail POS app from your iOS devices once your account has been successfully cancelled in order to remove any locally stored information on your devices.
Deleting the Retail POS app from your iOS devices will not cancel your plan. You must follow the steps above to achieve this before deleting the Retail POS app.
However, deleting the Retail POS app does delete locally stored information on your iOS devices.