How to Process Inventory Counts on an iPad
Inventory counts are not available on the dedicated Vend iPad app. To conduct an inventory count on an iPad, you must log in to your Vend store using the internet web browser on your iPad, Safari. Vend in Safari must only be used on an iPad when conducting inventory counts. You may use our dedicated iPad app for all other functions in Vend, including the Sell Screen.
Important: Other web browsers on iPad, such as Chrome, will not work with Vend's Inventory Count feature.
To learn how to conduct an inventory count on an iPad, follow the steps below:
1. On your iPad, tap on the Safari app.
2. In the top URL bar in Safari, enter your Vend Store URL and login into your store (your Vend Store URL is your store address you use to log into the Vend iPad app, followed by ".vendhq.com").
3. Your store will load, and you may see a pop-up box appear prompting you to download the app. You do not need to tap on the Download Vend App button.
4. Tap on the Menu button on the top left of the page, to find the inventory count page.
5. In the side navigation menu choose Products -> Stock Control. This will take you to the Stock Control screen.
6. Once here, tap the Inventory Count button.
You can now go ahead and process an Inventory Count as normal. If you have not done an Inventory Count in Vend before, be sure to check out the steps at this link to learn how.
My Inventory Count isn't working on iPad?
By following the steps above, you should not run into any errors. If you do, there are three main steps you can try to get your inventory counts working on your iPad:
1. Make sure you are using Safari and not Chrome. While Vend's Inventory Count feature works on Chrome for Mac and PC, it does not work for Chrome on iPad. If you are using an iPad, you must make sure you are using the Safari browser to process Inventory Counts.
2. Make sure you are not in Private Browsing Mode. On iPad, Safari has an option to run in Private Browsing Mode. If you are in Private Browsing Mode the top bar in Safari will be dark grey. Follow the steps below to deactivate Private Browsing Mode on Safari.
- To deactivate Private Browsing Mode click the two squares in the top right-hand corner of Safari.
- Here you will see that Private is highlighted. Tap this to turn off Private Browsing Mode.
- Your Safari top bar should now be white instead of dark grey.
3. If either of the two main steps above were not applicable, try to clear website data for Vend. Sometimes, old Vend data in Safari may result in the Inventory Count getting stuck. To make sure you don't have any old Vend data in Safari, follow the steps below:
- Head to the Settings on your iPad.
- Scroll down the side menu and tap Safari.
- In the Safari options, find the Advanced tab (this should be right at the bottom.)
- Tap the Advanced tab and then tap Website Data.
- You should now see a list of websites. Tap Edit in the top right of the screen and find vendhq.com from the list below.
- Tap the red circle next to vendhq.com. Next, tap Delete.
Your website data for Vend will now be cleared. To check that the problem is fixed, log back into Vend on Safari again using the steps at the beginning of this article.
If Inventory Counts still do not appear to work on Safari for iPad, get in touch with our support team here.