Taking payments with Square and Vend on iPad
You can now take payments with Square and Vend on iPad (The US and Australia only). For more information, check out this link.
You will need:
- An active Vend Account and Vend for iPad
- An active Square Account and the Square app.
Before taking payments with Square and Vend you must first setup Square with the Vend app. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Tap the menu icon in the top left to open the side menu bar and choose Dashboard.
2. Once here, click Menu.
3. Head to Setup and choose Payment Types.
4. You should now be on the Payments page. From here, click Add Payment Type and choose Square under Integrated.
5. If you are new to Square click the Sign up for Square button. If you already have a Square account select the Connect to Square button.
If you click the Sign up for Square button, you will be taken directly to the Square Account sign-up page. Here you will need to fill in your new account details.
If you have chosen the Connect to Square button, you will be taken to the Square sign in page. Enter your existing Square account details here.
Once you've signed up or signed in, you will be taken to a permissions page. Here Vend will request permission to access your square account. You will need to click "allow" for the integration to work.
After allowing permission, you will be taken to the Square location setup page in Vend. Here you will see your Vend registers listed. To configure Square successfully, you will need to choose which Square locations are attached to which of your registers in Vend.
Note: Make sure you peer your locations in Square with the correct Registers in Vend so that your sales are accurately synced. For more information on Square locations, click here if you are US customer, or here if you are an Australian customer.
You need to be logged into both the Square app and the Vend app on your iPad. This is so that Vend can launch the Square app to take payments using your Square reader.
Important: You may only take payments from the Square app if you are logged into the correct location for the Vend register you are operating on.
1. Open the Square app on your iPad, select the menu button on the bottom left-hand corner of the app and choose Settings from the sidebar.
2. Once in Settings navigate to Card Readers under Hardware.
3. Click the Connect a Reader button and choose the reader you would like to pair.
4. Follow the remaining instructions on the Square app to get your reader connected.
When you choose Square on the pay screen in Vend, you will be taken to the Square app to process the payment. When the Square payment is successful, you will be returned to Vend to print the sales receipt.
Tip: Different retail stores have different rules about what items can and cannot be returned. It is useful to check in with your supervisor about this before processing any returns.
Before beginning, it is important to note that you may only complete a return on fully paid sales (including fully paid account and layaway sales) and not on open on account or layaway sales OR existing return transactions.
For steps on how to process a Square return, click the link here.