Windcave is a global payment partner that provides in-store and online payment integrations with Vend. To get set up with Payment Express (Windcave) in Vend, follow the steps below.
- If you are an existing Payment Express (Windcave) customer, you may need to contact Windcave to enable this integration for your merchant account
Supported payment terminals
- Move/Desk 5000
- iPP 350
Contact Windcave to ensure your merchant account is all setup, you have the right hardware and are ready to start processing payments.
Setup your Windcave Terminal
1. First up, connect the power cable to the terminal dock and connect an ethernet cable from your router/modem to the back of the terminal dock.
2. Next, place the terminal onto the terminal dock. The unit will start up and log onto the network.
A Bluetooth connection will be supplied to the terminal from the terminal dock.
Add Windcave Payment Type to Vend
1. First, login to your admin user account for your Vend store on your iPad or Computer.
2. Next, navigate to Setup -> Payment Types and click Add Payment Type.
3. Once here, select Windcave from the payment type dropdown.
4. On the new page, edit your payment type name if you wish.
5. In the Pair Payment Terminals section, click Connect a Terminal. Follow the onscreen configuration instructions to pair the terminal to your register.
6. Before continuing with the configuration instructions, you'll need to add your Payment Express (Windcave) merchant account username and password.
7. Next, you will need to give Payment Express access to your Vend store data so that they can have access to your register names for pairing purposes.
8. Vend will now need to know which terminal you'd like to pair. To do this, enter the serial number found on the back of your terminal or the terminal dock (e.g. 4123456789).
9. After entering the serial number, click next and choose which Register you'd like to associate this terminal with.
10. Once this is done, you'll be ready to start selling! Click Done to complete the configuration process or Add another Terminal to configure an additional terminal.
11. Finally, select Save Payment Type and you will be able to start taking payments with your Paymentsense pinpad.