Setting up Zettle
Zettle are a payment company who aim to make setting up and processing payments fast, secure and super simple. Zettle payments are available in:
When you sign up for Zettle, you'll get a secure card reader so that you can process credit and debit card payments on the Retail POS app.
You'll need to get a card reader to use with each of your iPads.
Signing up for an Zettle account also gives you access to their free app, which provides you with reporting on your sales.
Setting up the payment type
1. Connect the Zettle Card Reader to your iPad via Bluetooth. You can find instructions on the Zettle help site here.
2. On your Retail POS on iPad app, tap the menu button to open the side menu bar.
3. Choose Dashboard. Your Retail POS dashboard will open.
4. Select Setup.
5. Choose Payment Types.
6. Tap Add Payment Type.
7. Choose Zettle.
8. If you do not have an Zettle account, select Find out more. Otherwise, select Begin Setup.
9. Give your Zettle payment type a name.
10. Follow the steps in the Pair Card Readers section.
11. Once you are done, click Save Payment Type to create your Zettle payment type. You're now ready to start taking payments.
Taking a payment using Zettle payments
To accept payment via Zettle payments:
1. Make sure your Zettle card reader is connected and powered on.
2. Hit Pay when making your sale on Retail POS on iPad.
3. On the payment screen, confirm the amount you want to pay. You can process a full payment or a part payment.
4. Click the Zettle button. You'll be prompted to insert the customer's card.
5. Hand the card reader to the customer so that they can enter their PIN.
6. Once the payment is accepted, a receipt will be printed, and the sale closed (or if it were only a partial payment, you'd be returned to the payment screen to complete the payments).
The minimum payment amount for Zettle payments is £1.00
Issuing a refund/return using Zettle payments
Payments taken via Zettle can be refunded following the normal Retail POS refund process. Follow the steps in this article, to issue a refund using Zettle payments. Select Zettle as the payment type when processing the return.
- If the iPad can't connect to the card reader, check it is still connected via Bluetooth to the iPad. You can also try turning it off and on.
- If your card reader doesn't turn on, the battery might be flat. Use the Micro USB charging cable to recharge it. You can still accept payments while charging.
- Zettle accounts also have some daily payment limits. You can read about these here.
- The Zettle card reader does not have inbuilt receipt printing. If you wish to provide your customer with a receipt, you'll need to either use email receipts or use one of our approved receipt printers for Retail POS on iPad..