Setting up iZettle
iZettle are a payment company who aim to make setting up and processing payments fast, secure and super simple. iZettle payments are available in:
When you sign up for iZettle, you'll get a secure card reader so that you can process credit and debit card payments on the Vend Register app.
You'll need to get a card reader to use with each of your iPads.
Signing up for an iZettle account also gives you access to their free app, which provides you with reporting on your sales.
Setting up the payment type
1. Connect the iZettle Card Reader to your iPad via Bluetooth. You can find instructions on the iZettle help site here.
2. On your Vend on iPad app, tap the menu button to open the side menu bar.
3. Choose Dashboard. Your Vend dashboard will open.
4. Select Setup.
5. Choose Payment Types.
6. Tap Add Payment Type.
7. Choose iZettle.
8. If you do not have an iZettle account, select Find out more. Otherwise, select Begin Setup.
9. Give your iZettle payment type a name.
10. Follow the steps in the Pair Card Readers section.
11. Once you are done, click Save Payment Type to create your iZettle payment type. You're now ready to start taking payments.
Taking a payment using iZettle payments
To accept payment via iZettle payments:
1. Make sure your iZettle card reader is connected and powered on.
2. Hit Pay when making your sale on Vend on iPad.
3. On the payment screen, confirm the amount you want to pay. You can process a full payment or a part payment.
4. Click the iZettle button. You'll be prompted to insert the customer's card.
5. Hand the card reader to the customer so that they can enter their PIN.
6. Once the payment is accepted, a receipt will be printed, and the sale closed (or if it were only a partial payment, you'd be returned to the payment screen to complete the payments).
The minimum payment amount for iZettle payments is £1.00
Issuing a refund/return using iZettle payments
Payments taken via iZettle can be refunded following the normal Vend refund process. Follow the steps in this article, to issue a refund using iZettle payments. Select iZettle as the payment type when processing the return.
- If the iPad can't connect to the card reader, check it is still connected via Bluetooth to the iPad. You can also try turning it off and on.
- If your card reader doesn't turn on, the battery might be flat. Use the Micro USB charging cable to recharge it. You can still accept payments while charging.
- iZettle accounts also have some daily payment limits. You can read about these here.
- The iZettle card reader does not have inbuilt receipt printing. If you wish to provide your customer with a receipt, you'll need to either use email receipts or use one of our approved receipt printers for Vend on iPad..