Store Credit in Vend:
Vend's store credit feature enables you to issue store credits to your customers as part of a return. These store credits are placed on your customers accounts and can be used by your customers to make purchases in the future.
Important: Store Credit will only work with Vend on Mac or PC and the iPad Register app. If you are using the old Vend sell screen, you will need to upgrade to the new Sell Screen or the iPad Register app to make use of this feature.
Before Getting Started:
- Do not enable store credit if you are using Quick Books Online. Store credit cannot be sent to Quick Books Online, and any register closures that contain store credit payments will not post across.
Store Credit Features Coming Soon:
- Store Credit expiry dates
Important: Are you using the Vend Store Credit and have an integration with Xero? Before issuing store credit, you will need to set up your store so that liability flows through to Xero when store credit is given and redeemed. For more information on how to do this, click here.
To get started with store credits, you'll need to enable it for your store. To do this follow the steps below:
1. In the Vend Sell Screen, click Setup and find the Store Credit tab.
2. Once here, click the switch next to Enable Store Credit. This will turn green and enable the option to issue or redeem Store Credit in your store.
3. If your store is linked to Xero, follow the step shown below the green switch to configure your "store credit liability" with Xero. For more information on how to do this, click here.
By default, only managers and admins can issue and redeem store credits. If you'd like to allow this feature for cashiers, navigate to Setup -> Users and select Roles near to the top of the page.
Select your Cashier role from the list below.
From this page, you will be able to change various permissions for your cashier, including permissions around issuing and redeeming store credits.
Note: If you allow store credit for cashiers, cashiers will also be able to apply discounts and process returns on normal sales.
Now that you've enabled store credits you can issue store credit to your customers as part of a return.
1. Head to Sell -> Sales History and find the sales record for the returned product.
2. Once you've located this, click the return button on the right to bring the return to the sell screen.
Important: Make sure the customer is attached to the return. If you did not attach your customer to the original sale, you need to add them now so you can place the store credit against their customer account.
3. Remove any items your customer does not wish to return and click the Return button
4. You should now be on the payments screen. To issue this returned amount as store credit, click the blue Store Credit button at the bottom of the page.
5. This completes the return and adds store credit, equal to the value of the returned item, to your customer's account.
6. You can also see that the receipt for this return includes the current store credit balance of the customer.
Sometimes you might need to issue store credit that is not tied to a return, such as a courtesy or special promotion for valued customers.
To learn more about manual store credit, click this article here.
To redeem a customer's store credit, create a sale for the items they wish to purchase, add their customer account to the sale and click Pay to proceed to the payment screen.
Once in the payment screen, you will see the amount owed as well as a range of payment options.
To pay off the entire sale using the customer's store credit, click the blue Store Credit button at the bottom of the page.
If you only want to make a partial payment using store credit, change the amount tendered to the desired amount and then click the Store Credit button below.
You can then charge the customer for the outstanding amount using another payment method such as cash or credit.
This will complete the sale and deduct the used store credit from the customer's account. The customer will be able to see their updated store credit amount on the sale receipt.
To view the current store credit balance of a customer, navigate to the sell screen and type the customer's name or code into the search box. Hit enter or click on the customer's name to add it to the sell screen.
Click on the customer name on the right-hand side of the screen to bring up their customer info, including their current store credit balance and five most recent store credit transactions.
Important: Once you are done reviewing you customer's info, select the blue Remove from sale button or click the trash can icon next to their name to clear it from the sell screen.
If you no longer want to use Vend Store Credit in your store, you can turn off the feature at any time.
Important: You will not be able to issue any new Store Credit or redeem any existing Store Credit when the feature is turned off.
All Store Credit balances against your customers will be retained when turning off Store Credit. If you choose to enable Store Credit again, your customers can continue to redeem their existing Store Credit.
To turn off Store Credit:
1. Navigate to Setup and find the Store Credit tab.
2. Once here, click the green switch next to Enable Store Credit. This will turn grey and remove the option to issue or redeem Store Credit in your store.