Updating to iOS 14+ on iPad will prompt you to grant the Vend Register App permissions to access Bluetooth and Local Network settings on your iPad.
If declined, this will cause your printer to no longer function. To fix this, ensure that Bluetooth and Local Network Permissions are enabled in Settings -> Vend Register on your device.
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to install a Star mPOP combined Bluetooth Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer for the Vend Register iPad app
To set up your mPOP device with your iPad, you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
As the mPOP is Bluetooth, it does not require any cables to connect it to your iPad. The only cable you will need for your printer is the power cable. If you are using the Star mPOP scanner with your mPOP unit, you'll need to plug this in via the USB cable provided.
Make sure you've got your 58mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll, press the front left of the mPOP and pull the receipt loader out.
Note: The scanner that comes with your Star mPop unit will only work in iOS mode and on the Vend sell screen. You cannot use this scanner to manually add barcode numbers in other parts of the Vend app.
1. Connecting your mPOP device to your iPad:
First up, switch on your mPOP device. You will find the power switch on the front left-hand side of the machine.
Once you've turned your mPOP on, you'll need to connect it to your iPad in Bluetooth settings. To do this:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPad.
2. Tap the 'Bluetooth' option in the left-hand sidebar.
3. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
Tip: The Bluetooth slider should be green and switched to the right. If the slider is on the left and in gray, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is ‘on’.
4. Under the Bluetooth 'Devices' list tap 'Star mPOP.'
A tick icon should appear next to the device confirming that it is successfully connected.
2. Add your mPOP device to the Vend App:
1. Open the Vend Register app and Tap the menu icon. The sidebar will open.
2. Select Settings -> Hardware -> Add Printer to generate the “add printer” form:
3. Tap the 'Printer Model' section to choose your printer model.
4. To auto-add the printer select 'Star mPOP'.
5. Select a name for your mPOP. This can be anything you choose such as “Cashier mPOP” or “Printer/Cash Drawer”. Type your selection in the “name” field.
6. Select one of the following receipt options:
- a standard receipt - this is a typical end-of-sale receipt.
- a secondary receipt - this is a receipt that only prints certain items.
7. Choose whether you'd like your receipts to be printed automatically. If you do not automatically print a receipt, you will not be able to manually print one during the sale.
8. Choose the number of receipt copies you’d like to print for each sale
9. Enable the Cash Drawer option:
10. Click “save” to add your mPOP:
Run a test sale to ensure your setup is successful. Remember to void the test sale after your receipt is printed!
Note: If the cash drawer does not fire, ensure that it is enabled by navigating to Settings -> Hardware and selecting your mPOP from the list of printers provided.