To record a customer on a sale, follow the steps below:
1. In the search box, type the customer's name, phone number, email, company or customer code.
2. A drop-down will show matching customer names. You can keep typing more letters until the results are filtered enough to find your customer.
3. If your customer is not found, you can add the customer without leaving the sale screen. Just hit 'create new customer' and we'll open a window for you so you can add the customer.
You can add:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Customer group, if your store admin has set one up
- Turn loyalty on or off
You can also click the 'Show more fields' button to add a range of more specific details, including:
- Postal Address
- Customer Code
- Custom Fields
- Date of Birth
Once you've added the customer's details, click 'create new customer'. The customer will now be added to the sale and to your database for future reference.
To learn more about adding additional details to your customer or editing and existing customer's details, check out the instructions below.
Add more detailed information to your customer:
You can also add a range of more specific customer details from this screen in addition to basic customer info mentioned above. To do this, click 'Show more field'.
Clicking on this will take you to a new screen where you can tick to add a range of new fields including:
- Postal Address - Customer Code - Gender - Website - Custom Fields - Date of Birth
When you are happy with the fields you've added, click 'Update fields'. In this case, we've opted to add the customer code and postal address fields. On the next screen you'll see the fields you've selected appear:
Fill these out and click the 'Create new customer' button below.
View and edit existing customer details from the sell screen:
If you'd like to view or edit the information you have on a particular customer, add them to the sale and click on their name.
This will open up the customer details window, displaying all current information you have attached to this customer.
Tip: If you applied a note to this customer when setting them up, you can view these by clicking the 'Notes on customer' tab on the customer details window.
To edit or add any further information click on the 'Edit Information' button below: