Spreadsheet files are often used to bulk import and edit products in Vend. We've made some improvements to make this process even faster and easier to use.
- SKUs and Handles will now automatically populate if you do not include these as columns in your product file.
- The name field is now the only mandatory field required to import your standard products, unless you are working with variant or composite products.
- If you are working with variant products, both the Handle & SKU are required.
- You can now use a column matcher, when importing your product file, to fix any columns that are incorrectly named.
Product file imports
Vend's file validator will look for some of the most common import errors in your file before it imports into your store.
Vend supports .csv, .xlsx and .xls file formats for product import and exports.
How does it work?
When you choose to import or update products using a .csv, .xlsx and .xls file, your file will be put through our system so that Vend can quickly check it. It will check for any formatting issues or errors such as column headings and mandatory fields and let you know if any of these errors are present in your product file.
How do I do it?
To validate and import your product file you must first navigate to Products -> Products in the sidebar and then select the Import button on the products page. Once here, follow the steps below:
2. As soon as you place your product file here, Vend will immediately perform a quick check to make sure your product file's columns match. If the validation is successful move straight onto step 6. If Vend detects any errors you will be taken to the 'column matching' screen below:
3. At this stage, you'll be able to view any unmatched columns and fix them by selecting the correct column from the drop-down menu.
You'll also have the option to change the matching of any other columns or choose not to import a specific column.
4. Once you've matched all the columns correctly, click continue. If there are no further column errors during this step move straight onto step 6.
5. If any mandatory columns are missing from your product file an error screen will appear. From here, you'll be able to view the missing column(s) and download a new version of your product file to make sure the missing columns are added.
Once you've made the required changes, reimport your product file by either dragging and dropping it into the Vend window or starting again from step 1.
You may also receive warnings before importing. If you receive a warning message you can potentially still continue with the import if you see a green 'Continue anyway' button. If all you see is a 'Download CSV to fix' button, then you will need to download a new copy of your file and fix the identified errors, then try reuploading the file to Vend.
Download to Fix:
You can choose between downloading your file to fix in a CSV format, or in an XLSX format depending on the spreadsheet application you use.
If you choose to download the XLSX format, you will see there are descriptions for each column heading in the file to help you navigate the file and identify what each column is used for.
Unfortunately, this feature is not possible when downloading a CSV file format.
If you've received one of the following errors when trying to import your product file, check out this information below:
If you see the screen below, the contents of the file you have tried to import may not be separated correctly. The best way to fix this up is to run through the steps for creating your CSV using our premade template. To find these steps, click here. If you're still unable to upload the file correctly, get in touch with us here.
Please upload a valid CSV file:
If you see the screen below, the file type you have tried to import may either be incorrect or corrupt. Check to ensure your file is saved as a .csv .xlsx or .xls file format. If it's not, save it as one of these and reupload it to Vend.