Set up your PayPal here payment type to accept chip cards, contactless/NFC-enabled mobile phone payments, and traditional magnetic stripe credit or debit cards in store.
The PayPal Chip Card Reader can be used with the Vend Register app for iPad.
PayPal here is available in the US, UK and Australia.
Note: Card processing is subject to PayPal Here approval.
In this article:
1. Log into your Vend store. Open the 'Setup' tab (on Vend for iPad this can be found under Dashboard > Setup).
2. Select 'Payment Types'.
3. Click the 'Add Payment Type' button.
4. Choose 'PayPal Here' from the drop-down list.
5. Choose 'Sign Up for Paypal' or 'Connect to PayPal' to get started.
Note: You may be required to complete this in two steps if you have never signed up for PayPal before.
6. Confirm that you'd like to link Paypal to Vend and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your PayPal Here account.
7. Upon returning to Vend we will check the status of your account and let you know if everything is approved, or more information might be required.
8. Click 'Save Payment Type' to finish up.
If you see 'Action Required' you can contact PayPal on the number provided to check the status of your approval for PayPal Here.
Once these steps have been completed your new payment type will be available in the Vend Register app.
1. Unbox your reader and turn it on.
2. Hold down the Bluetooth (or SYNC) button until the blue light starts flashing.
3. Open the 'Settings' app on your iPad and select 'Bluetooth' from the left-hand side.
4. Look for the device named 'PayPal ###' (the last three numbers will match the serial number of your reader).
5. Click on the name of the reader to pair it with your iPad.
6. Both the card reader and the iPad should show connected and the blue light will turn solid.
Now that you've completed the Payment Type setup, learn how to process your first payment with PayPal here.