If you are located in the US, UK and Australia, you can set up PayPal here to accept chip cards, contactless/NFC-enabled mobile phone payments, and traditional magnetic stripe credit or debit cards in store.
Important: PayPal here does not integrate with Vend on Mac or PC but only integrates with Vend on iPad.
Vend Register app for iPad supports the following PayPal readers:
- Chip and Swipe Reader
- Chip and Tap Reader
- Chip Card Reader
- Mobile Card Reader
- PayPal’s previous model, the Miura Reader
Note: Card processing is subject to PayPal Here approval.
1. Log into your Vend store. Click on Setup on your side navigation menu (on Vend for iPad this can be found under Dashboard > Setup).
2. Select Payment Types.
3. Click the Add Payment Type button.
4. Choose PayPal Here from the drop-down list.
5. Choose Find out more or Begin Setup to get started.
Note: You may be required to complete this in two steps if you have never signed up for PayPal before.
6. Sign in to your Paypal account. Confirm that you'd like to link Paypal to Vend and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your PayPal Here account.
7. Upon returning to Vend we will check the status of your account and let you know if everything is approved, or more information might be required.
Important: If you see 'Action Required' you can contact PayPal on the number provided to check the status of your approval for PayPal Here.
8. Click Save Payment Type to finish up. Once these steps have been completed your new payment type will be available on your Vend on iPad app.