Before you begin
- Make sure that your scanner is fully charged before attempting to pair it with your computer. This way we can ensure the strongest signal for the devices to connect quickly and easily.
- This scanner requires a unique pin to be entered via barcode during the setup. These PIN barcodes can be found in the scanner’s manual under “Numeric Bar Codes for PIN Entry” or you can print off Chapter 1 - 24 of the online manual here.
Setting up the Motorola on a Mac
To get your Motorola Scanner all set up on your Mac, follow the steps below:
1. Press the + (plus) button on the scanner.
2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the scanner for 5 seconds until you hear a beep.
3. On your Mac, navigate to Systems Preferences > Bluetooth
4. Ensure Bluetooth is on and select CS3000 under Devices
5. Click Connect
6. A new window will open and you will be prompted to enter a 6-digit code to pair your scanner. Scan the Numeric Bar Codes below in order. Ensure you scan the Enter barcode to finish.
(Click image to enlarge)
7. After a few seconds the scanner will emit two short beeps to indicate it is now paired.
If a keyboard assistant wizard pops up after pairing your scanner, click the red X to close it. No additional setup is required to use the scanner with Retail POS.
To test the pairing, open up your Sell screen, hold down on the scanner’s + (plus) button and point it at a product barcode. You’ll hear a beep and the product's SKU will be listed in the search bar.