Setting up your Motorola CS3000 Scanner for Mac
Before you begin:
1. Make sure that your scanner is fully charged before attempting to pair it with your computer. This way we can ensure the strongest signal for the devices to connect quickly and easily.
2. This scanner requires a unique pin to be entered via barcode during the setup. These PIN barcodes can be found in the scanner’s manual under “Numeric Bar Codes for PIN Entry” or you can print off Chapter 1 - 24 of the online manual here. Hold onto this, as you will need it for step 3 of the setup below.
Setting up the Motorola on a Mac:
To get your Motorola CS3000 all set up on your Mac, follow the steps below:
1. Click the bluetooth 'B' icon on the top right of your screen and select “Open Bluetooth Preferences”.
2. Turn Bluetooth on. Your Mac will search for available devices to connect with. Once it locates the barcode scanner, CS3000, click “pair”.
3. You will be prompted to enter a code to pair your scanner. Use the “Numeric Bar Codes” listed in your owner’s manual to scan in the corresponding numbers. Don’t forget to finish by scanning the “Enter” barcode.
Your scanner is now paired and set to go!
Important: If a keyboard assistant wizard pops up after pairing your scanner, click the red “x” to close it. No additional setup is required to use the scanner with Vend.
To test the pairing, open up your Sell screen, hold down on the scanner’s “+” button and point it at your label. You’ll hear a “beep” and the item’s sku will be listed in the search bar.