Epson TM-T88V Setup for iPad
This guide provides step-by-step instructions explaining how to Install a Epson TM-T88V for iPad.
In order to set up your receipt printer with your Mac, Windows PC or iPad you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable for the printer and an ethernet cable to plug the printer in to your internet router. If you don't already have an ethernet cable ask your printer supplier to include one when you buy the printer or pick one up from your local electronics store.
Make sure you've got some 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (Optional):
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialised cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
When you first buy an Epson printer, it won't be able to connect to your network. To set it up you'll first need to change the network settings by configuring DHCP.
This can be a bit scary if you're not very technical, so you might like to ask your IT support person (or friendly local geek) for help.
DHCP needs to be set on a Mac or Windows computer. You can't do this on your iPad, as the printer needs to be plugged in to the computer.
Once it's set up, you'll need the test receipt with the IP address on it. If you don't still have this, press and hold the 'push' button on the back of the printer for about 4 seconds. The printer will print out the network settings and you should see the IP address listed up the top.
Note: If the IP address on the settings receipt says "NONE", the printer is not connected to the internet. Double check the ethernet cable is connected securely to both the back of the printer and to the router and then press and hold the 'push' button again.
Once we have this we can then connect the printer to your computer.
Connecting the printer to your iPad:
Before getting started, you'll need the test receipt with the IP address on it. To get this, press and hold the 'push' button on the back of the printer for about 4 seconds. The printer will print out the network settings and you should see the IP address listed up the top.
Note If the IP address on the settings receipt says "NONE", the printer is not connected to the internet. Double check the ethernet cable is connected securely to both the back of the printer and to the router and then press and hold the 'push' button again.
Once we have this we can then connect the printer to the Register app:
1. On your iPad, check that you are connected to the WiFi connection in your store.
2. Open the Vend iPad app and Tap the menu icon. The sidebar will open.
3. Select Settings > Hardware > Add Printer to generate the “add printer” form:
4. Tap the blue 'Find' button. To auto-add your printer select “TM-T88V”, if available.
Checkpoint: No printer found? We’ve got you covered: tap “printer model” and choose the Epson TM-T88V. Enter the printer IP address from the receipt slip you printed earlier
5. Select a name for your printer. This can be anything you choose such as “Cashier 1” or “Receipt Printer”. Include your selection in the “name” field.
6. Select one of the following receipt options:
- a standard receipt - this is a typical end-of-sale receipt.
- a secondary receipt - this is a receipt that only prints certain items.
7. Choose whether you'd like your receipts to be printed automatically. If you don't automatically print a receipt, you won't be able to manually print one during the sale.
8. Choose the number of receipt copies you’d like to print for each sale
9. Click “save” to add your printer.
Checkpoint: Run a test sale to ensure your setup is successful. If your receipt fails to print, go back to checkpoints 1&2. Remember to void the test sale after your receipt is printed!
Setup your Cash Drawer:
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale and the receipt is printed by the printer. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Vend.
To setup the Cash Drawer, open up the Vend Register app and follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the menu button to open the sidebar menu.
2. Tap 'Settings' and choose 'Hardware'
3. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to
4. Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer
5. On the printer settings page, toggle the 'Cash drawer enabled' setting to 'on'
6. Toggle the 'Open cash on sale' setting to 'on'.