What is Vend Display?
Vend's Display App is the perfect companion for your Vend POS app, offering you a customer facing display using a secondary iPad or iPad Mini. The Display App also allows a customer to enter their email address for email receipts or customer loyalty, and even choose whether to become a member of your store and join your database.
Does it cost anything extra?
Nope! The Display App is free for all Vend account holders.
Can I use it with the old Vend POS app or with Vend in my web browser?
You'll need to be using the Vend POS app to use the Display App.
Do I have to use it?
The Display App is an optional part of the Vend POS app, but in some jurisdictions, retailers are legally required to have a customer facing display so that their customers can see sale information. Check what your local laws are!
What hardware and software can I run Display on?
The Display App requires an iPad or iPad Mini, and the latest versions of iOS and the Vend POS app, both available on the App Store.
Can I pair the Display App with more than one iPad running the Vend POS app?
Each display can only be linked with one iPad running the Vend POS app.
However, you can have multiple displays for each register in store - so you could have one either side of your counter if you wanted.
How do I set it up?
To use the Display App, you'll need two iPads; one for the Vend POS app, and one for the Display App.
To learn how to set up your Vend POS App, click here.
To set up the Display App:
- Download the Display App from the iOS app store.
- On the other iPad, log into your Vend account on your Vend POS App.
- Open the sidebar menu, and select Settings.
- Choose Hardware.
- Under Vend Display tap Enable to turn the display on.
- You'll see a Display access code.
- On the original iPad, open Display.
- Type the access code in and tap Pair.
Your Display App is now set up ready to use.
How does it work?
As you ring up your customer's sale, each item you add to the sale on your Vend POS App will appear on the Display App on the right-hand side of the screen for your customer to see.
They'll see when you:
- Change the quantity
- Change the line-item price (this is shown as a discount)
- Apply a discount
They won't see any line item or sale notes.
They'll also see:
- Subtotal before tax
- Tax total
- The balance remaining to pay
The left-hand side of the screen displays customer information. Either you or your customer can add their details.
Customer added by you
- When you add a customer to the sale on your Vend POS App, their name and email address (if we have it) will be displayed on the app.
- If you don't have their email address, the customer can enter their address if they'd like to have their receipt emailed.
- Once their email address is displayed, the customer can tap Email receipt.
Customer adds themselves
The customer can enter their email address into the Display. If they do this they can also:
- Choose whether to receive further email from you (this adds the customer to your store database if they're not already there).
- Tap the Email receipt button to receive their receipt to their email address.
As the customer makes payments, the balance amount will decrease, and once the sale is completed, the customer will see a confirmation screen. This will also display any loyalty amount earned if your store has a loyalty program and the customer hasn't opted out.
My Display App has gone grey and is only showing my store name! Help!
To fix this, open the sidebar menu on your Vend POS App. Choose settings, and open the Hardware menu. Tap the toggle to disable the Display App and then re-enable it. Your Display App should reconnect.
If it doesn't, try closing the Display App by double-clicking the home button on your iPad and swiping the Display App up to close it. Then, reopen the Display App. You might need to re-enter your confirmation PIN.