What is Display?
Vend Display is the perfect companion for Vend Register, offering you a customer facing display using a secondary iPad or iPad Mini. Display also allows a customer to enter their own email address for email receipts or customer loyalty, and even choose whether to become a member of your store and join your database.
Does it cost anything extra?
Nope! The Display is free for all Vend account holders.
Can I use it with the old iPad app or with Vend in my web browser?
You'll need to be using Vend Register on an iPad to use the Display application. If you're using the web app or the old app, check out Vend Register.
Do I have to use it?
Display is an optional part of Vend Register, but in some jurisdictions, retailers are legally required to have a customer facing display so that their customers can see sale information. Check what your local laws are!
What hardware and software can I run Display on?
Vend Display requires an iPad or iPad Mini, iOS 8 and the latest version of Vend Register, also available on the App Store.
Can I pair Display with more than one iPad running Vend Register?
Each Display can only be linked with one iPad running Vend Register.
However, you can have multiple Displays for each Register - so you could have one either side of your counter if you wanted.
How do I set it up?
To use Display, you'll need two iPads; one for Vend Register, and one for the display.
To learn how to set up the Vend Register iPad, click here.
To set up Display:
- Download the Display application from the iOS app store.
- On the other iPad, log into your Vend account in Register
- Open the sidebar menu, and select 'Settings'.
- Choose 'Hardware'
- Under 'Vend Display' tap 'Enable' to turn Display on.
- You'll see a Display access code.
- On the original iPad, open Display.
- Type the access code in and tap 'Pair'
Your Display is now set up ready to use.
How does it work?
As you ring up your customer's sale, each item you add to the sale in Register will appear in Display on the right-hand side of the screen for the customer to see.
They'll see when you:
- Change the quantity
- Change the line-item price (this is shown as a discount)
- Apply a discount
They won't see any line item or sale notes.
They'll also see:
- Subtotal before tax
- Tax total
- Balance remaining to pay
The left-hand side of the screen displays customer information. Either you, or your customer, can add their details.
Customer added by you
- When you add a customer to the sale in Register, their name and email address (if we have it) will be displayed in Register.
- If you don't have their email address, the customer can enter their address if they'd like to have their receipt emailed.
- Once their email address is displayed, the customer can tap 'Email receipt'.
Customer adds themselves
The customer can enter their own email address into Display. If they do this they can also:
- Choose whether to receive further email from you (this adds the customer to your store database if they're not already there).
- Tap the 'Email receipt' button to receive their receipt to their email address.
As the customer makes payments, the balance amount will decrease, and once the sale is completed, the customer will see a confirmation screen. This will also display any loyalty amount earned if your store has a loyalty program and the customer hasn't opted out.
Display has gone grey and is only showing my store name! Help!
To fix this, open the sidebar menu in Vend Register. Choose settings, and open the Hardware menu. Tap the toggle to disable Vend Display and then re-enable it. Your Display should reconnect.
If it doesn't, try closing the Display app by double-clicking the home button on your iPad and swiping the Display app up to close it. Then, reopen the Display app. You might need to re-enter your confirmation PIN.