Important: This product integration is only available to customers in the USA.
This article includes:
- How do my register closures send to QuickBooks Online?
- How do I process refunds when I'm using QuickBooks Online?
How do my register closures send to QuickBooks Online?
Once you've set up the integration , your register closures will automatically post to QuickBooks Online.
On the Sell Screen in Vend, click 'Close Register', then check your Sales Transactions in QuickBooks Online. The register closure and payments will appear.
What happens if my register closure doesn't post/appear in QuickBooks Online?
Sometimes, your register closure sending might be delayed. This is usually caused by Vend needing to queue requests to send information to QuickBooks Online.
In this case, your register closure report, located on the Dashboard, will have a red QBO logo next to the register closure listing. This may also appear if there has been an error sending your register closure.
You can click the red logo to reattempt sending the register closure information to QuickBooks Online.
How do I process refunds when I'm using QuickBooks Online?
At the moment, there are some limitations with how you can process refunds when you're linked to QuickBooks Online.
I'm refunding a payment taken using an integrated payment type:
- Complete your refund using the standard refund process for your payment provider in Vend.
- In QuickBooks Online, complete a manual adjustment to record that change in your sales totals.
- If the amount you've refunded customers exceeds the total taken that day for payments, your register closure will fail. Please contact our Support Team.
I'm refunding a payment taken through another payment type, such as cash, check, or non-integrated card payments:
- Complete your refund using the standard Vend refund process
- The daily sales total and payment totals will include this when you close your register.
- If the amount you've refunded customers exceeds the total taken that day for payments, your register closure will fail. Please contact our Support Team for help.