Important: This product integration is only available to customers in the USA.
This article includes:
- How do my register closures send to QuickBooks Online?
- How do my purchase orders send to QuickBooks Online?
- How do my on account sales send to QuickBooks Online?
- How do I process refunds when I'm using QuickBooks Online?
- How do gift cards work with QuickBooks Online?
- How does store credit work with QuickBooks Online?
How do my register closures send to QuickBooks Online?
Once you've set up the integration , your register closures will automatically post to QuickBooks Online.
On the Sell Screen in Vend, click 'Close Register', then check your Sales Transactions in QuickBooks Online. The register closure and payments will appear.
What happens if my register closure doesn't post/appear in QuickBooks Online?
Sometimes, your register closure sending might be delayed. This is usually caused by Vend needing to queue requests to send information to QuickBooks Online.
In this case, your register closure report, located in Reporting > Register Closures, will have a red QBO logo next to the register closure listing. This may also appear if there has been an error sending your register closure.
You can click the red logo to reattempt sending the register closure information to QuickBooks Online.
How do purchase orders send to QuickBooks Online?
Once you've set up the integration, you will have the option to post your purchase orders to QuickBooks Online.
In the stock control page, you'll see the option to 'Send to QuickBooks Online' next to received purchase orders. Click this to send the purchase order to QBO.
Once the purchase order is sent, the value of the order will be sent to the Inventory Assets account you'd selected in your QBO settings page. Purchase orders will not be sent to QBO automatically; you will need to select 'Send to QuickBooks Online' for each purchase order you'd like to send to QBO.
You can learn more about managing stock with the Vend/Quickbooks Online integration here.
How do my on account sales send to QuickBooks Online?
When an on account sale is created in Vend, it will automatically send to QBO as an Accounts Receivable Invoice.
If you take a payment on the sale in Vend, this will also be sent to QBO and allocated to the correct invoice.
If a payment is taken on the invoice in QBO, this will not sync back to Vend, and you will need to apply the payment to the sale manually in Vend using these steps:
- Locate the customer's on account sale in Sales Ledger, and click Apply payment / refund.
- Select the method of payment from the Payment type drop-down.
- Enter the amount paid into the Amount field.
- Select the register the payment was taken at from the Register drop-down menu.
- Select the date the payment was taken from the Payment date drop-down.
- Select the time the payment was taken at from the Payment time drop-down menu.
- Click Save to finalise the payment.
You can learn more about how on account sales in Vend work with the QBO integration here.
How do I process refunds when I'm using QuickBooks Online?
At the moment, there are some limitations with how you can process refunds when you're linked to QuickBooks Online.
I'm refunding a payment taken using an integrated payment type:
- Complete your refund using the standard refund process for your payment provider in Vend.
- In QuickBooks Online, complete a manual adjustment to record that change in your sales totals.
- If the amount you've refunded customers exceeds the total taken that day for payments, your register closure will fail. Please contact our Support Team.
I'm refunding a payment taken through another payment type, such as cash, check, or non-integrated card payments:
- Complete your refund using the standard Vend refund process
- The daily sales total and payment totals will include this when you close your register.
- If the amount you've refunded customers exceeds the total taken that day for payments, your register closure will fail. Please contact our Support Team for help.
How do gift cards work with QuickBooks Online?
When a gift card is sold or reloaded, your Gift Card Liability account will increase. When a gift card is redeemed, your Gift Card Liability account will decrease by the amount redeemed.
If you have enabled Gift Card expiry, any gift card amounts that expire will increase your Gift Card Revenue account.
How does store credit work with QuickBooks Online?
When store credit is manually issued, your Store Credit Expense and Liability accounts will increase. If store credit is issued through a return, only your Store Credit Liability account will increase.
When store credit is redeemed, your Store Credit Liability account will decrease to reflect this.