Hi. How can we help?

About the loyalty program in Retail POS (X-Series)

Retail POS Loyalty is a system where your customers earn loyalty dollars to spend in your store with every purchase they make.

The goal of a loyalty program is to increase customer retention and also to provide you with valuable information about your customer base. Loyalty in Retail POS is designed to be as simple as possible for you and your customers.

How loyalty works in Retail POS

Once loyalty is enabled in your Retail POS account, all products in your catalog will be allocated a loyalty amount. This amount is based on the ratio you select during setup.

You can then choose to customize loyalty amounts on individual products, setting these products to earn no loyalty or extra loyalty if desired.

These loyalty amounts are earned on all sales to eligible customers made in the store. Your customers can then redeem their loyalty on any product in your store as if it were cash.

Your existing customers will already be signed up, and it's easy to add new customers, or they can add themselves using the QR code on the receipt.

Each time a customer makes a purchase, their receipt will include their loyalty earned from that purchase, and the total balance available to spend on their account. Customers only earn loyalty for a particular sale when the sale has been paid in full.

If a customer pays for part of their purchase with loyalty, they will only earn loyalty on the portion paid with a payment type other than loyalty.

For example, if 20% of the sale is paid using loyalty, customers earn loyalty on the remaining 80% of the sale.

  Important things to know:

  • All sales earn loyalty at the time the sale is fully paid. This includes on-account and layby sales.
  • Merchants using online store integrations, such as Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, or eCom (E-Series) who receive more than a small volume of sales through their online store, should not enable loyalty.
  • Merchants using the Timely integration cannot use loyalty.
  • If you are using Xero, you will need to set it up to track your loyalty given and loyalty redeemed. You can learn more about it in the Setting up the Xero integration with Retail POS (X-Series) article. 
  • If you are using QuickBooks Online, loyalty will sync to QuickBooks Online as a payment type. Loyalty liability will not be tracked in QuickBooks Online. 
  • The only way to import balances from another loyalty system is to complete this manually. See the Migrate from another loyalty program section in the Customizing products with loyalty article.
  • In order to redeem loyalty, ensure you have a stable internet connection for the sale to be processed.

Loyalty and discounts

There are two types of loyalty used with products in Retail POS:

  • Custom loyalty amounts, where you set a fixed loyalty amount for a product
  • Regular loyalty amounts, where the loyalty value is determined by the earning ratio you set in your store

When you discount a product in a sale, products that have a custom loyalty amount will still earn the same loyalty amount as the full-priced product.

Products with regular, ratio-based loyalty will have the loyalty amount earned adjusted based on the new price.

Using the Discount button (either for a percentage or dollar amount discount) will not change the loyalty earned in the sale of any products.

Was this article helpful?

12 out of 24 found this helpful